|Brand||WINE AND TOURS|
|More items available upon order||no|
The Chianti is a land of ancient winemaking traditions that offers a unique landscape, dotted with small villages, medieval castles and abbeys, where a wine known around the world is produced, the Chianti Classico.
You will visit two of the most picturesque medieval villages of the area, Castellina in Chianti and the tiny village of Monteriggioni, surrounded by his perfectly preserved medieval walls consisting of 14 towers, built to defend this territory, for centuries contested between Siena and Florence.
We will go through hills designed by rows of vineyards, where you can relax in a farm to taste Chianti wines and salami of Cinta Senese (a special breed of pork typical of the area), while for lunch we will stop at a famous butcher's of Chianti where you can taste typical dishes of beef meat, one of the excellences of traditional tuscan cuisine.
In the afternoon we will continue to Siena along the Chiantigiana Road, visiting the fortified medieval village of Volpaia surrounded by the typical Chianti countryside, and we will conclude our tour at a historic wine estate for a guided tasting of selected wines.
Day and time of execution:
every day, from 9 am to 6 pm (9 hours, approximately)
The cost includes:
- visit of Monteriggioni and Castellina in Chianti
- visit of a farm with tastig of Chianti Classico wine and salami of Cinta Senese
- lunch at a famous butcher's shop in the Chianti area with beef tasting (vegetarian luch as option)
- visit of the fortified medieval village of Volpaia
- visit of an historic wine estate with Chianti wines tasting
- transportation by minivan from and to your accommodation
- escort driver in italian, english or spanish
Reservations must be 4 days before the tour.
Registered users can share their experience with this product. Register to access all of the benefits reserved to registered users or click on login if you are already registered.